Friday, February 20, 2009

Rain, rain go away...

It feels a bit like Chicago here today, meaning it went from hot, sunny and 85 yesterday to pouring rain, chilly and in the 60's today.

While all of you were still sleeping, Mark and I went out to a cute little breakfast place and had croissants and omelettes. Some interesting things that I have learned about BA. One, you have to pay tip in cash, you cannot charge it to your card and that even American coffee here is strong as heck. I only had one cup and was bouncing off the walls. Think Starbucks coffee times 3.

After breakfast, we walked down to Florida street which is a pedestrian only street with shops and restuarants on either sides and then Galerias Pacifico, which is an indoor shopping mall. They had a mixture of American stores like Tommy Hilfiger & Timberland and other stores like Prune (which I doubt the name would fly in the States) and numerous Mr. Sweater stores. I felt at home when I saw McD's and Burger King. How come our BK doesn't look as cool as this one. The King would be outraged!





As it poured rain and we walked back to the hotel, we saw these cool looking murals in a boutique hotel. This one is of Eva Peron. Turns out it is made of bread! We also stopped in a park and saw this enormous tree. I think it would take 5 or 6 people clasping hands to fit around this tree. For scale, here is me standing in front of it. It looks like I am bald. Ha ha.







There is so much amazing archetecture in this city. Here is a gorgeous place that is around the corner from our hotel. We dubbed it "Casa de Familia Myers" because apparently, this is going to be Mark's new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment