Thursday, February 19, 2009

Don't cry for me Argentina....

Today was a great day. With the exception of abruptly trying to put myself on BA's schedule to fight jet lag. Yikes!

Today, we walked down to the Recoletta area to view the famous cemetery where Eva Peron "lives". Um, yeah, I know this isn't the right word.

On the way there, we saw some great looking archetecture. One we dubbed "Miss Havesham's house" because it looked like no one lived there. It had some cool looking wrought iron fence and sweet doorknobs that looked like heads.




The cemetery is amazing. Nothing like anything I have ever seen. Rows and rows of these amazing "plots" with ornate limestone and statues. Inside some of them, they have pictures of the people and dried flowers & candleabras. Oh did I mention you can see the actual coffins. Yeah, you can. It's a little creepy, but still beautiful.















Eva's grave is actually not one of the more ornate ones we saw, but it was certainly the most decorated with flowers by her fans. Of course, one of my favorite parts is that the cemetery has many resident cats who keep the mice and rats away. You know I chased after those kittlekins!


No comments:

Post a Comment